Sunday, March 2, 2008

secretly

i'm taking a music class for my liberal credits, plus the fact that it fit right in my block schedule for this sem. anyway, we are supposed to write a paper about any american music/concert that we have to go see live. i decided to go and check out the juilliard school, which is a train ride away from my place, only knowing they performed live music and its free. i like's em free. plus they played orchestral music. i like's me some orchestral music. secretly.

so yea, yesterday i decided to check out their site and look up their calendar for their next presentation and found one rightaway. it was at 8pm. i went there with a friend, we missed the first half cause we arrived late. we could still hear the music while we were outside and my goodness i hated myself for not knowing about this goldmine for all of my 6 years in ny.

it was a pre college concert, but it was like listening to pro's. ok ok so maybe i couldn't compare them to pro's since that was my first time ever in an orchestra, but damn. you know. damn... they kicked ass.

it's times like those that make me wish i learned how to play the piano as a kid. who knows, you know, if i did play the piano back then...by now i'd still probably not make it in juilliard but atleast i'd know how to play the piano and be like, oh man i'm glad i learned how to play the piano as a kid. i'd probably end up buying a keyboard right after. good stuff...very good. i already plan to go visit them as often as possible. i like's me some good orchestra. secretly. you should check em out. secretly.

No comments: